Background information on SQL and Crystal Reporting
To properly understand what SQL and Crystal report designing is, we need to start at the basics. Now, every business has to have data, which ought to be organized and maintained through certain mechanisms. These mechanisms are commonly known as database management systems, DBMS. Firms and individuals may either store their data in a server or move it to the web environment, popularly known in some circles as cloud computing.
What is SQL?
SQL, Structured Query Language, is the standard language that’s used for communicating with relational database management systems. Simply put, SQL is the language that you need to use when seeking to execute a command to the database. The SQL works with most database management systems including Oracle, MS SQL Server and MS Access.
On the other hand, crystal reporting or crystal report designing, primary involves turning information from the said databases into a very comprehensive and interactive report by use of design software. It is on the basis of this report that smart operational and strategic decisions are made.
Who Needs The Crystal Report Designer?
In order to establish whether you need a crystal reports designer for your business, the first thing you ought to ask yourself is why need one? Crystal reports designing primarily involves accessing external assistance to help your business grow and expand exponentially. Thus, to achieve this end, evaluate the reasons outlined herein to establish whether you need the assistance of business intelligence analysts.
- As an owner of your business, habits can cloud your perception and attitude. The external business consultant will help you make strategic decisions as he sees things clearly.
- Seeking the services of a business intelligence adviser does not necessarily imply that your business is doing badly. Instead, for a successful business, is an opportunity to diversify through incorporation of new ideas. That new opportunity could be the breakthrough that your business has been waiting for.
- Running and utilizing the business intelligence reports helps business to re-evaluate their targets, eliminate programs that they don’t need and make those that they need work even better.
- These reports make running the business worthwhile. The importance of data analysis in business cannot be overemphasized. It helps cut down operating costs and maximize profits.
Qualities of an Ideal Crystal Reports Designer
To achieve these incredible benefits of crystal reporting, you need to know to expect from your crystal reports designer’s services. For purposes of this evaluation, this is what you ought to expect from your client.
- Complex and interactive reports.
- An execution of database programming if need be.
- Integration of multiple applications or locations together should such a need arise
- Training your staff on what was done
- Professional advice on both long term and short term cost effectiveness.
- Providing value for client’s money and time.
In addition to these qualities, you may also find it worthy to know if the crystal reports designer you are hiring has any experience with the type of business you are in or the software that you use. It is important to know.
Crystal Reports Designing Overview
While the costs of hiring a BI analyst may seem high, there are nothing compared to the benefits that your business can reap. It can be a worthwhile investment that would significantly increase your chances of thriving even in harsh economic times or in the face of new, stiff competition. It is said that a business that continuously improves does retain it’s best talent too.